Throughout 1962 to early 1964 Paradise Homes filled the Las Vegas Review and Las Vegas Sun with weekly ads promoting their products at Paradise Palms. These ads typically featured beautifully-detailed hand renderings of either a Palmer & Krisel-designed home elevation or an outside lifestyle scene featuring swimming pools, cocktail parties or the Stardust Championship Golf Course and Country Club. Paradise Palms was boastfully marketed as an active community, where “the living is more fun”, and described as “the most attractive area in Las Vegas,” and “the most glamorous and completely planned community in Nevada.”
Some of the other fun pieces of information contained within these ads reveal that Paradise Homes presented Paradise Homes Theater every Thursday night at 9:30 on KSHO-TV Channel 13 and the fact that ads had to advertise prospective buyers to “drive out” to the models at 1825 East Desert Inn Road (at Seneca Drive). Other interesting notes are that by 1963, in order to distinguish the Paradise Homes models from the other builders that had made their way into Paradise Palms are that the ads begun to advertise Paradise Homes as “The Original Planners, Builders and Developers of Paradise Palms.” Also that year, on a technical note, the model home sales office phone number prefix had changed from REgent 5-9411 to 735-9411, a prefix which is still in use to this day for land lines in the area.
The final ad shown here gives a sneak preview of typical mid to late 1964 ads, which featured more generic images, such as this family of four admiring a billboard (written in a distinctly exceptional mid-sixties font), an image which will repeated a few more times in upcoming posts. Also noteworthy is the fact that potential home buyers could simply trade in their existing home for a better life in Paradise Palms.